College Teacher: Can I Participate In The J1 Program?

The sponsors we work with are very strict with the "be-currently-teaching" requirement.

And then, one said YES!

With the condition that the teacher should have at least two years of full-time K-12 teaching experience within the past eight years.

Awesome, right?

or Join our H-1B Possibility Program! 

Read to know more:


Please feel free to browse our site, to know more about the J-1 Visa Program.

Requirements can be found here.

To join us, please click here.


  1. Hi! I wish to confirm if I have understood it right. I am a college teacher here in the Philippines, and I haven't taught in the K-12 curriculum in the last eight years, so I assume that I am not qualified for a J! VISA. However, when you said "or Join our H-1B Possibility Program" after that, does that mean that for H-1B, it does not require the applicant to be currently teaching or have taught in the K-12 for the last 8 years? I hope to hear from you, or from others who had the same experience. Thank you in advance!

    1. You can be a college teacher and get sponsored with an H1b visa.

    2. Thank you maam... I appreciate it!

  2. Hi Gemma, I am Vijaya, a college teacher in India. I taught the K-12 curriculum sixteen years ago when i started my career. And in the last 8 eight years, i did not teach K-12 students. So, i think i am not eligible for the J1 visa. If so, should i apply for a H1-B visa? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance.


Join our 
mailing list.
Be in the know.
Thank you for subscribing!